Followers

Monday, November 1, 2010

Island Light


9x12 original oil unframed SOLD
I have driven by this little shack aobut 500 times on the island and everytime I say: "I really want to paint that." Wednesday our painting group set up right beside it and I finally did it. The light was perfect that day. I struggled with it for about 3o minutes and seriously thought I had forgotten how to paint altogether. Somehow I pulled it together and tried to be very present with what I loved about the scene: the pale yellow light, the shape of the trees, the many shades of green. It finally worked and came together very quickly. I am happy with the results.
If it doesnt sell on the blog, I will put it in the Island Gallery but with commission and frame it will be at least twice this price. ouch!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I LOVE this painting!!! I love the painterly-ness of the brush work! And I've always been a fan of your color sense. Beautiful, Susie!!