Followers

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fruit Cabinet 22X36

NFS
This was one of the first paintings I did when I took up painting again 12 years ago. It is so "tight." I can't believe I ever enjoyed painting like this. My work has really loosened up over the years to the point of being very abstract (as in the painting titled "Rythym" on this blog. The act of painting expressively is much more enjoyable and, I think, more interesting. This painting is not for sale for two reasons: 1) My son has asked to have it and, 2) I painted it from the cover of a Potterry Barn catalog and I think it would be illegal to sell it!

1 comment:

Mary said...

WOW, Susie!!!! This is incredible!!! I am SO impressed! I love your loose style, but to be able to paint well in BOTH styles is amazing! You never cease to amaze me. Great job.